Box Sash Windows
Our joinery makes box sash windows using fine timbers in a variety of colours and stains and to bespoke sizes.
Box sash windows are sometimes also called “Hung Sash” windows or “Sash and Case” windows. All of these names essentially refer to the same thing, i.e. a window with one or more sliding panels or “sashes” which each hold a pane of glass.
Typically each frame contains two sashes which both slide vertically so that you can have an opening at the top or bottom of the frame or both if desired. This is actually one of the most effective ways of ventilating a room since the top opening allows warm air to escape, and the bottom opening allows cooler air to be drawn in from outside, creating an efficient airflow current.
We design your Box Sash Windows to fit your exact size & style specifications, we manufacture and supply to the whole of the UK with fast delivery & a product guaranteed to last. The process is simple, simply contact us with your requirements, we’ll quote you, if you proceed you’ll be guided through our established process of design, approval, manufacture & delivery (with optional install services available).
Timber box sash & oak box sash window prices vary.
Box Sash Windows Security Testing is Complete with Wrap Round Locking (PAS24 Security). 10 Year Product Guarantee (Installed), 5 Years for Trade. We use our own designed door system (not generic off the shelf systems), we use kiln-dried sapele for stability & product durability.
Some of our Windows (Different styles / colours of Box Sash Windows)
Below are just some of our box sash window products, visit the gallery to see the full range. The quality of our windows is reflected in our excellent reviews profile and established client portfolio.
Box Sash Window Prices & Sizes
Please call us to discuss sizes and prices. We supply all standard and non-standard sizes, prices are available by quote. Please find a rough cost per size table below. * Based on a single window
Our Box Sash windows are manufactured to high standards with specifications to match, generic specifications are below (specification relative to design).
- Standard and made to measure sizes
- Single, double and triple glazing
- Bar design options
- Engineered using laminated timbers which increase product durability, lifespan and reduces maintenance
- Espag locking window gear
- Height up to 3 meters
- Finished products in white or other colours
- Traditional or contemporary ironmongery features
- Full instructions for self-assembly and installation
- Twin gasket system for weatherproofing
- Increased ventilation with lockable mechanisms on open windows
- Flush window systems available
- Fully tested and approved gaskets and seals
- Glass is toughened
- Good thermal performance (minimal heat loss)
- Good security performance (thanks to effective locking mechanisms)
- Good weather performance (durability against weathering, heat loss, UV damage)
- Good acoustic performance
Trade Box Sash Windows
We supply this product to traders and:
- Property Developers
- Property Renovators
- Commercial Businesses
If you have a trade enquiry or would like to order this product in bulk then please call us on 0843 886 7763 to discuss or fill out the call back form to the right.
Our lead times vary depending on product specification and volume. We aim to have the shortest possible lead time from order to delivery, call us for a free quotation/estimate.
Box Sash Window CAD Drawings
There are no CAD Drawings available for Download, please contact to request drawings.
Design, Manufacture and Delivery
All of our box sash windows are designed and manufactured in the UK using sustainably sourced wood. Once manufactured, the item will be dispatched and delivered shortly thereafter. Products are all inspected thoroughly before being dispatched from our joinery.
Our Sash Window Range Includes:
Other Window Ranges
Below is our top-level window range, custom windows are also available, call us to discuss.
Strength, Durability & Premium Quality
As an established business, Windows Doors UK (part of the Country Hardwood group) set out to produce premium quality products that combine modern eco-friendly, robust design with exceptional durability + timeless, classic design. We believe every Box Sash Window should excel in quality, aesthetic design & lifetime durability.
Our long-term establishment + 50+ years of combined experience amongst our team are reflected in the sheer quality of our products. Every box sash window, every sash window, french door & casement window leaves the factory after stringent quality control checks and rigorous testing.
We strive to use the best quality materials sourced with ecology in mind. We use wood sourced from sustainable resources & responsible practices to ensure our ecological footprint is reduced where possible.
From wood supplies to window gaskets – everything we do we aim to reduce our carbon footprint.
The precision manufacturing that goes into our Box Sash Windows means that our windows are very energy efficient, further reducing heat loss, wasted energy, and overall carbon emissions.
Some of the most popular types of wood used include Accoya, ash (American white), ayan, beech, black walnut, cherry, iroko, maple, meranti, oak, sapele, steamed beech and teak.
Box Sash Product Benefits
- Excellent Thermal Efficiency with ultra-low U-Values (subject to Glass & Unit Type)
- Exceptional Product Durability – Our box sash windows are made to last with a minimum 5-year guarantee
- Low Maintenance – long intervals between treatment/paint applications
- Heavily Customisable – bespoke sizes up to 3m, custom window bars & ironmongery
- Multiple Glazing Options with Single, Double and Triple Glazing Options on Box Sash Window Units
- Excellent Acoustic Performance
- Twin Gasket System for Weatherproofing